Phone: (815) 713-4110 | Toll Free: 866-471-4616 | 6903 West White Eagle Road, Leaf River, IL 61047
Directions to Camp Kupugani
Camp Kupugani / Camp White Eagle is located in the rolling hills and woods of northwest Illinois.
If you are Driving to Camp Kupugani / Camp White Eagle? We are:
- 20 miles from Freeport IL: View Directions
- 30 miles from Dixon IL: View Directions
- 30 miles from Rockford IL: View Directions
- 80 miles from Chicago IL SW Suburbs (North Aurora): View Directions
- 110 miles from Moline IL: View Directions
- 112 miles from Madison WI: View Directions
- 113 miles from downtown Chicago IL: View Directions
- 123 miles from Chicago IL south suburbs (Tinley Park): View Directions
- 304 miles from St. Louis MO: View Directions
- 373 miles from Minneapolis-St. Paul MN : View Directions
Please be wary of using GPS or online map service to try to find Camp Kupugani. There is (at least) a 30% failure rate when doing so. See the text directions below.
Camp Kupugani Directions
If you're coming from mid- or north Chicagoland we have directions for you:
- Take I-90 West to Rockford.
WARNING: Rte 20 crosses I-90 several times between Chicago and Rockford. Ignore all Rte 20 exits until you pass a big Chrysler manufacturing plant past Belvidere and before Rockford. Past there is a toll plaza and the Rte 20 exit you want is about 3 miles past the toll.
- Take that exit--Rte 20 towards Freeport (the sign also mentions that it is towards I-39 Bloomington); Rte 20 is a beltway around the south part of Rockford.
- About 8 miles after you get on this incarnation of Rte 20, you will see take the exit for Montague Rd.
- Continue to the stop sign, where you will turn left. Continue to follow Montague Rd. for about 18 miles.
- Turn left onto Rock City Rd. After a mile or two, the road will curve almost 90 degrees to the right; continue on the road (which is now called Coffman).
- One mile after the curve is a four-way intersection with Adeline Road. Turn left (south) onto Adeline Road. It is about two miles into the town of Adeline.
- There is only one stop sign in Adeline. At that stop sign, turn left (east) on White Eagle Road.
- 3/4 of a mile down White Eagle Road, you will start down a steep hill.
- Continue down the hill, bearing left across the bridge; the camp entrance is just up the hill on the left side.
- Turn into camp, following the entry road to the stop sign in camp.
- Turn right and park in the parking area.
Please do not drive beyond the parking lot. The summer office is in the large reddish brown lodge building at the southwest corner of the traffic circle. Please check in at the office. Feel free to call if you have any questions.
If you're flying to Camp Kupugani/Camp White Eagle, you can check out O'Hare and Midway Airports in Chicago. We can arrange for pickups from the airports.