Donate to Kupugani Scholarship Fund
Donate to Empower and Support Deserving Kids!
In the rolling hills and woods of Northwest Illinois lies a haven for kids. A place of their own where they can explore the beauty of nature, the challenge of physical activity, and the joy of shared experience. As they try new things and make best friends, something wonderful happens.
Children develop a deeper understanding of themselves and their relationship with other people. A seed of acceptance and empowerment is planted that will grow over time. The Camp Kupugani experience helps build character and compassion in kids who will make meaningful contributions to our diverse communities and to our world. We are raising strong people for the future!
Three Quick and Easy Ways to Donate
Write a check out to “Kupugani Scholarship Fund, Inc.” (a recognized IRA 501(c)(3) organization) and send to “6903 W. White Eagle Rd., Leaf River, IL, 61047”.
Donate Online to the “Kupugani Scholarship Fund, Inc.” (a recognized IRA 501(c)(3) organization) securely via PayPal.
Shop at AmazonSmile and Amazon will make a donation to the Kupugani Scholarship Fund.
Preparing the New Generation for Our Global Society
For the generation of young people born after 1990, the world can be a very confusing place. This is the first truly global generation raised in the era of mass communications and the internet. There are no questions that can’t be answered by Google or Wiki, and their list of friends often includes more virtual members than those they’ve actually met in person. Kids of this serious generation watch their parents and teachers struggle to justify old prejudices and ways of doing things. This generation respects mutual respect and personal opinions more than authority and position. Children of this generation can create lasting change in our world if they are given the right tools and understanding.
Camp Kupugani was founded to provide a multicultural experience for this new diverse generation of children to equip and prepare them to lead a meaningful life in our global society. By removing the perceived barriers associated with race, ethnicity, class, and social standing, we help campers attain the knowledge, attitudes, skills, and tools they need to become active community members and agents for social change. Each summer, Camp Kupugani provides a unique summer camp program of recreation, adventure, and fun.
At Camp Kupugani, we believe:
- A summer camp should be fun and formative, exciting and supportive, challenging and rewarding.
- Young people thrive when encouraged to make decisions for themselves, to engage new physical and creative activities, and to develop meaningful friendships.
- Exploring nature and learning new skills helps to develop a stronger sense of self and to identify unique gifts and talents that make each individual valuable in a society.
- A quality summer camp experience depends on a highly motivated, enthusiastic and trained staff that believes in our core values and mission.
- In the unique nature of single-sex environments free from the distractions of the opposite gender. This fosters an environment where children are generally more self-confident, supportive and open to forging lasting friendships. (We also offer blended sessions where we can address and combat stereotypical inter-gender dynamics and model positive intergender relationships.)
- The multicultural nature of our world requires a new generation of young leaders who break down social and economic barriers to address real issues that impact the common good.
Invest in the Future by Donating to the Kupugani Scholarship Fund
We respectfully ask for your help so we can continue to reflect our mission of promoting community and empowerment among diverse children, and ensure equal access to our campers. Donor support from individuals not only tells our campers that their dreams matter but sends an equally powerful message to corporations, foundations and other outside sources of support, that Camp Kupugani’s mission can help change the world and is one of the best investments one can make. You can also rest easy knowing that your money will be used efficiently; over 98 cents on the dollar goes directly towards tuition for a deserving child.
Contributions to Our 2020 Campers – Thank you!
Heartfelt appreciations go out to those who have contributed to the Kupugani Scholarship Fund!
Bob and Marcy Brower
Baba Zhandi Chidothe
Girls Session Two Donations
Girls Session Two DVDs
Jon and Carolyn Marley
PayPal Giving Fund