Kupugani Scholarship Fund
The Kupugani Scholarship Fund is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation, which strives to be generous and make camp attainable for all campers, regardless of ability to pay. Camperships are available to assist families who may not otherwise be able to finance Camp Kupugani. In general, campership consideration will be given to any family that expresses need and has a gross annual income of less than $75,000. Campership award is on an individual, case-by-case basis, determined by need, and fund availability. All information for financial assistance is kept strictly confidential. Camperships are not guaranteed and may be issued in any dollar amount. A Selection Committee will process completed applications on three dates: January 15 (early decision), April 30 (regular decision), and May 30 (late decision). Recipients are required to submit a post-camp letter of thanks.
The following standards for eligibility qualify a campership participant with the Kupugani Scholarship Fund:
- Aged 7 – 15
- Self-motivated and excited to participate under the guidelines of Camp Kupugani
- Involved in school and extracurricular activities
- Respectful of others and able to follow the guidelines of positive group dynamics
- Expresses curiosity, integrity, intelligence, and willingness to take risks
- Flexible and mature
- Interested in grasping a broader sense of responsibility and acquiring a great appreciation for self-confidence, know-how and leadership
- Committed to being a positive contributing group member and shows a genuine interest to participate
- Understanding their commitment means full participation and completion of the program
- Has a family who supports their child’s attendance for Camp Kupugani
- Family is unable to otherwise afford for their child to attend Camp Kupugani, as shown by their submission of income and expense information on the Kupugani Scholarship
Fund Campership Application
Financial information is submitted as part of the campership application process. Amount given toward the participation of any campership student child shall not exceed the amount of tuition minus the amount the family is able to pay and any amount gleaned from the participant’s own efforts in raising funds. The list below also gives guidelines to specific family allocations. Household Size 2-3:
- Partial 25% campership $50,000 – $64,999 gross annual income
- Partial 50% campership $40,000 – $49,999 gross annual income
- Partial 75% campership <$39,999 gross annual income
Household Size 4-5:
- Partial 25% campership $55,000 – $69,999 gross annual income
- Partial 50% campership $45,000 – $54,999 gross annual income
- Partial 75% campership <$44,999 gross annual income
Household Size 6-7:
- Partial 25% campership $60,000 – $75,000 gross annual income
- Partial 50% campership $50,000 – $59,999 gross annual income
- Partial 75% campership <$49,999 gross annual income
The Campership application is located at the bottom of the page and can be downloaded and printed . The parent/guardian must also submit a completed camp registration form and refundable $500.00 deposit directly to the Camp Kupugani Office. Once the amount of funding is determined by the Kupugani Scholarship Fund (usually within 1-2 weeks of the cycle deadline), you will be notified by telephone. At this time, with your approval, Camp Kupugani will register your camper. The child named on this application will not be registered for Camp Kupugani unless and until a campership is awarded. Additional information is available by contacting Kevin Gordon at (815) 713-4110.
PLEASE SUBMIT EVERYTHING ON THIS CHECKLIST TOGETHER.
Attach a copy of: ___ Completed CAMPERSHIP APPLICATION ___ Recent FEDERAL TAX FORM (both sides) ___ Completed CAMP REGISTRATION FORM ___ Recent PAY STUB/INCOME VERIFICATION ___ $500 DEPOSIT (refundable until qualified) ___ Explanation of why camper deserves/needs scholarship ___ Reference letter from 3rd party explaining why camper deserves/needs scholarship (The more the letter can address how the camper fits the eligibility standards, the better!) All items listed above must be submitted together, or processing will be delayed. Get the 2018 Campership Application here.