3 Ways to Work Smarter Not Harder
Our multicultural summer camp in Leaf River, Illinois–two hours west of Chicago–is a camp where everyone works hard!
As someone outside of camp, you likely entered your career with intention. However, no matter how much we love the work we do, we can all experience burnout. From the good folks at Barking Up the Wrong Tree, here are three ways to help you experience less burnout and enjoy the job you are doing! Bullets below. You can check out the rest of the article here to learn the best ways to work smarter not harder.
“Work smarter, not harder.” Sounds good. But how do you actually do that?
Well, luckily someone finally took up the challenge of finding a clear answer…
- Do Less — Then Obsess
- Put your energy into less tasks.
- Don’t stop a task until you are finished.
- Prune things that are not productive in your day.
- Use “The Learning Loop”
- Pick one skill to develop.
- Dedicate 15 minutes a day to this skill.
- Find a small area in this skill that needs work.
- Ask for help from others in your field.
- Feel Passion & Purpose
- Do things that excite you in your day.
- Focus on an obtainable goal.
- Connect with a coworker daily.
- Learn something new everyday that connects to your work.