4 Easy Ways to Foster an Awesome Life
At Camp Kupugani, our Midwest summer camp, we strive to be our best selves. Here is an article on how to live your best life. Check out the article by Barking Up the Wrong Tree here (https://www.bakadesuyo.com/2021/07/awesome/) and see a quick summary below.
- We need more awe: It brings us together and makes us feel like kids again. Good lord, it made college students put their phones down.
- Momma Nature: Go for an awe walk. Or watch Blue Planet. (Whenever you hear David Attenborough’s voice, you are not far from awe.)
- New Eyes: You are surrounded by miracles. Like your smartphone. Yes, you usually use that miracle to watch cat videos but a miracle is a miracle.
- Find awe in other people: Gymnast George Eyser won six Olympic medals in one day, three of them gold. He had a wooden leg.
- Gratitude: There was a moment in your childhood when you and your pals went out to play for the last time. And you didn’t know it. Good things end. And sometimes they never happen in the first place. You forget how lucky you are.