4 Ways to Find Your Meaning in Life
At Camp Kupugani, our multicultural summer camp in Leaf River, IL. two hours west of Chicago, we believe that each person deserves to be happy. Indeed, if you could find a way to give your life meaning, you would be happier; we try to empower each camper to find what makes them happy and go for it. A recent article from the folks at Barking Up the Wrong Tree speaks to this topic. See below for our summary and click here to see the full article.
“There’s no shortage of tips about what brings happiness, but what gives your life meaning?”
“Meaning in life” is one of those things everybody insists is vitally important — yet nobody tells you what it really is, and directions to get there never seem to come up on Google Maps.
“So what makes for a meaningful life? How does it differ from just being happy? Let’s get to it…”
- Find friends who share the same values as you do
- Join a group that shares an interest
- Make whatever you do a priority to yourself
- Don’t minimize the work you are doing
- Share what you do with a peer
- Don’t be afraid to share both your “ups and downs”
- Go out and do something new and different
- Remind yourself that what you do is not who you are