5 Rituals That Will Make You An Awesome Parent
Camp Kupugani is our Midwest summer camp offering two-week sessions for children ages 7-15. Realizing that campers will often do for magical counselors so much more than they will for even the most connected parents, we found this article from the folks at Barking Up the Wrong Tree describing 5 rituals that will make you an awesome parent. You can read the whole piece here or check out the summary below.
Here are the 5 rituals that will make you an awesome parent. Remember to SERVE:
- Self-Care: Happy parents make for happy kids. As James Baldwin once said: “Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them.”
- Emotional Intelligence: Your job is not merely to protect little John Connor until he is old enough to lead the resistance against the evil machines. He needs the emotional intelligence to be a good rebel leader so remember to listen, label, problem-solve and teach empathy.
- Rituals: Have family dinner together. Get superhero Grandmom on Zoom.
- Values: Without these your kids are going to be kryptonite to decent human beings. Be a bard who sings the storied history of the family dynasty. What’s your family crest? (Don’t say “toothpaste.”)
- Empower: If you don’t start teaching them to be autonomous at 7 they will be living with you at 37.
Source article: https://www.bakadesuyo.com/2021/01/parent/