5 Ways to Live a Long, Healthy Life
At Camp Kupugani, our Midwest summer camp, we definitely enjoy being active and social in the outdoors. Here is an article on how to live a long, awesome life by emphasizing health, positivity and exercise. Check out the article by Barking Up the Wrong Tree here (https://www.bakadesuyo.com/2021/04/exercise/) and see a quick summary below.
- Exercise is not natural. Neither is being sedentary. We did not evolve to move for no reason but we have been excellent at eliminating reasons. Not moving turns twenty-year-olds in forty-year-olds faster than… well, a lot faster than twenty years.
- Mismatch Diseases: Many of the illnesses we attribute to age are not due to age. Live like someone lying in a hospital bed and you will soon be someone lying in a hospital bed.
- Sitting, by itself, is not the problem: A standing desk at the office won’t do diddily if you’re endlessly planted on the couch at home every night.
- How much? What kind?: At least 150 minutes of moderate or 75 minutes of vigorous exercise a week and weight train at least twice a week. Spend as much time worrying about “too much exercise” as you worry about the dilemma of having “too much money.”
- Motivation: Create a good reason and socialize. Find something you enjoy doing or that you can attach an immediate reward to. Involve friends to add the lovely component of socializing (and for strategic guilt purposes).
Source Article: https://www.bakadesuyo.com/2021/04/exercise/