6 Ways to Make Emotionally Intelligent Friendships
At Camp Kupugani, our Midwest summer camp, a main goal of the experience is to empower our campers to cultivate new friendships. Here is an article on how to make emotionally intelligent friendships. Check out the article by Barking Up the Wrong Tree here (https://www.bakadesuyo.com/2021/03/friendships/) and see a quick summary below.
- Stay in touch: Friendship is not an arena where you want to play hard to get. What are you, a carnival prize?
- Gratitude: If we’re more kind to strangers than to friends, we are definitely doing something wrong.
- Quality > Quantity: Share emotional experiences. That’s the secret to those friendships where you can just pick up where you left off.
- Budget appropriately: Time is limited. Allocate it wisely. And this is yet another reason to ditch the jerks in your life.
- How to party: Eat. Laugh. Reminisce. Avoid small talk. The more the merrier.
- Make your best friend better: You influence each other more than you know. Make yourself better and help make them better, because, in the end, those two are the same thing.
Source Article: https://www.bakadesuyo.com/2021/03/friendships/