6 Ways to Use Rituals to Improve Your Life
At our Midwest summer camp near Madison, Wisconsin and Chicago, Illinois, we appreciate the positive impact that healthful, positive rituals can have. From the friendly, fun, tone-setting introductory games at our camp sessions, to the power of a final campfire to bring a cycle of development full circle–rituals can be great empowerment tools. A recent article shared some good insights on how we can use ritual to improve our lives outside of camp too! Check out our summary below, with the full article available at this link: https://bakadesuyo.com/2021/05/rituals/
- Time is crazy. Internal time is what matters:
- You don’t judge your life as a collection of hours but as a collage of meaningful moments.
- Rituals make time meaningful:
- “It is not a thing that lends significance to a moment; it is the moment that lends significance to things.” Intention. Attention. Repetition.
- “Getting to work” rituals:
- Do something fun before you get started to get yourself in gear and you’ll reduce procrastination and perform better.
- Try a secular sabbath:
- Take a time-out from the world and break the script. Novelty expands time and makes memories.
- “Struggle” with friends: Board games and sports.
- Or work on something together. Ironically, giving time away makes you feel like you have more time (a fact that makes quantum mechanics seem logical by comparison.)
- Mealtime rituals:
- Make dinner with loved ones special and memorable. Or combine it with some “struggle” and have a food fight. (C’mon, like that wouldn’t be memorable?)
Source article: https://bakadesuyo.com/2021/05/rituals/