3 Ways to “Selfishly” Be a Better Parent
At Camp Kupugani, our multicultural overnight summer camp in Northwest Illinois, we’re all about helping our campers to be the best version of themselves. We’ve recently finished up our Mother Daughter and Parent-Child Weekends, where many of our parents shared the struggle of being an intentional parent and managing the multiple responsibilities of being a good parent. One important theme is that as parents, we need to more often recognize taking care of ourselves (period…and also so that we can be good for and to others). Check out this article to see what She Knows has to say about prioritizing self-care. See below for our quick synopsis of the article and read the rest here.
- Plan solo time after traveling
- Put time aside, as much as an entire day, purely to yourself.
- Do whatever you need to feel centered again.
- Make time to move
- Plan ahead for your week and make time.
- Keep a journal – even if you have to keep it short
- Keep it short and sweet and focus on the things in your day that brought you joy and gratitude
Source Article: SheKnows.com